You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#106347 png's are always converted to jpg

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by hengro on Thursday, 14 January 2021 20:24 GMT

hengro
Hello, I have a problem. When I upload png images and put them in the content, then save, the png's are always converted to jpg. How can I solve this problem?

Ryan
After you upload the file, is it listed as a png file, and does the Details column show it as a png file?

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106347-png-s-are-always-converted-to-jpg.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

hengro
Yes, I see the png, click on it and paste it into the content as a png. then I click save and it changes to the jpg. the jpg also appears in the frontend. Then I have a copy of the image, but as a jpg in the folder.

Ryan
Before you save, if you click the Code tab, is the src value of the img tag showing the url as a png or jpg file?

Ryan Demmer

hengro
the png-file

Ryan
I would suspect then that the file is being changed when it is displayed in the front-end, perhaps by another plugin you have installed that optimzes or thumbnails front-end images?

Ryan Demmer

hengro
That was the solution. It comes from the ECONA plugin. (Image processing for K2) The PlugIn converts all uploaded images to jpg. That was not clear to me at all. Had only adjusted the basic settings and did not see this setting.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I've been searching for several hours in the editor settings.

Thanks and best regards,
Hengro