You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#106335 Automatic resize &saving in a custom folder (Balbooa Simple Gallery)

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by lesaigles on Friday, 15 January 2021 10:55 GMT

lesaigles
Hello,
I'm new with JCEPro, and I would like to realise the following thing with it, but Idon't see how.
I'm using on my concernd website the Balbooa Simple Gallary with the possibility of a front-end upload function for resisterd user, an here come the point where I would like to user JCEPro. Most of these uploads will come directly from smartphone, and to not zun out of webspace I would like to resize automaticly these uploaded photos and that the originals will be deleted.
When I upload photos in the Simple Gallery, they will be stored in the following folder images/bagallery/original. Simple Gallery thakes these photos to build their galleries and albums.
How and where can I configure JCEPro that all the photos which will be uploaded in this folder will be automaticly resized, and only the resized photos will be saved in this folder.

Best regards & greetings from Luxemburg,

Stefan

Ryan
How and where can I configure JCEPro that all the photos which will be uploaded in this folder will be automaticly resized, and only the resized photos will be saved in this folder.

Are you using JCE Pro from within Simple Gallery?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

lesaigles
Hi Ryan,
both, Gallery & JCEPro, are installed and activated
When you are logged in in the gallery you can use the integated upload function from the balbooa simple gallery.
You choose then the photos, you like to upload, and these photos are stored in the the folder images/bagallery/original.
What I want, is that these photos are stored resized, not to run out of webspace. In a german joomla group on facebook somebody told me that this would be possible with JCEPro, that is why I bought a key. For the moment I can‘t find the place(s) where I can configure JCEPro that all works how I want.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

lesaigles
Ryan,

you've got the requested informations ?

Ryan
What I want, is that these photos are stored resized, not to run out of webspace. In a german joomla group on facebook somebody told me that this would be possible with JCEPro, that is why I bought a key. For the moment I can‘t find the place(s) where I can configure JCEPro that all works how I want.

You can't use JCE Pro to resize images uploaded with the Simple Gallery uploader, but if you use the JCE File Browser to upload, then you can resize the images when you upload them, to the Simple Gallery folders.

Ryan Demmer

lesaigles
Ok, so I have to make with JCEPro a upload-page, and after that they have to be put in the gallery.
I will try, and if I have still some questions, I will come back.

Thx for your help