You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106295 Editor Styles Setting

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by dhillock on Monday, 11 January 2021 14:37 GMT

dhillock
I want to set the default paragraph and H1 colors, font, and size. I installed a third-party template, and I'm using a custom.css file.

I want to use the styles that come with the template - I only want to specify defaults for the above. What am I supposed to set the Editor Styles to - Inherit...even though I'm using a custom.css file?

I thought if I set the Editor Styles to Overwrite, I would lose access to the provided template styles.

Ryan
I want to use the styles that come with the template - I only want to specify defaults for the above. What am I supposed to set the Editor Styles to - Inherit...even though I'm using a custom.css file?

I thought if I set the Editor Styles to Overwrite, I would lose access to the provided template styles.

By default, the editor will load your template's main stylesheets, but depending on the template, it may load the custom.css file as well if it exists. The options in Editor Profiles to set editor styles allow you to override the global editor settings on a per profile basis, and aren't always necessary.

Which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

dhillock
I’m using RSLens from RSJoomla

Ryan
To be clear, you are saying that although you have a custom.css file for your template, you only want the editor to load the template stylesheets, and not the custom.css file too?

Ryan Demmer

dhillock
Thank you for asking for clarification.

I'm saying if I have a custom.css for my template, and I ALSO want to use the styles from my template (plus the custom ones), should I set the Editor Styles in JCE Pro to Inherit?

Ryan
I'm saying if I have a custom.css for my template, and I ALSO want to use the styles from my template (plus the custom ones), should I set the Editor Styles in JCE Pro to Inherit?

No, set it to Add, then specify the path to the custom.css file in the Custom CSS Files field, eg:

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106295-editor-styles-setting.jpg

Ryan Demmer

dhillock
Thank you Ryan. I now get the bests of both worlds - I can use the normal template styles, plus my custom.css styles. Sweet.