You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106290 Use JCE in Fabrik?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 11 January 2021 09:46 GMT

Bruce S
This is just a general question. As I have seen a few mentions of Fabrik in here, could someone please tell me how to configure Fabrik to use JCE? The default Fabrik editor is terrible and keeps stripping my HTML code (even simple stuff).

It may be my misunderstanding. The WYSIWYG editor does appear to be JCE, however the CODE editor appears to be stripping my HTML. I have JCE and Joomla both setup to allow pretty much anything in terms of editing by a Super Admin.

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Ryan
Please post a screenshot of the code that is being stripped.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Bruce S
It was me, not the editor. I was mistyping an attribute on a <div> tag and it was stripping the entire tag and end tag. However, should it be doing that if I've configured it to NOT clean the HTML? I'd rather it just let my mistakes remain in the code.

Ryan
However, should it be doing that if I've configured it to NOT clean the HTML?

Is Validate HTML in the Editor Global Configuration set to No? If not, then an empty <div>, ie: a div without any valid attributes and no content, will be removed.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.