You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#106276 Please help me find out how to turn on the 'search' box in the link dialogue

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 09 April 2021 12:23 BST

mciavolino
Please help me find out how to turn on the 'search' box in the link dialogue. Some of my sites show this and other do not and I cannot figure out why.

Ryan
The Search tool in the Link dialog uses Joomla Search plugins to perform the search.

In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Link, scroll down to the Search section, and make sure the Enable option is set to Yes. Then check that some Link Search Plugins are selected.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/106276-please-help-me-find-out-how-to-turn-on-the-search-box-in-the-link-dialogue.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

mciavolino
I just did a new install and I cannot find the search params settings where you indicated I should look and I cannot search for links. Any ideas?

JOOMLA 3.9.25
JCE Pro Pro 2.9.5
PHP 7.4.16
All Smart Search Plugins enabled. Other are disabled.

Ryan
From the Joomla Admin menu, go to Components -> JCE Editor, to open the JCE Control Panel.

In the JCE Control Panel, click on Editor Profiles, then click on the profile to edit, eg: "Default"

Click on the Plugin Parameters tab, then on the Link tab on the left.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Search section.

Ryan Demmer

mciavolino
Please watch this video:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FdT1v0Ban1gUIu5-PhSl8KB9VUXFveKp?usp=sharing

The search option is not there...

Ryan
You scroll passed the Link tab.

Click on the Plugin Parameters tab, then on the Link tab on the left.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the Search section.

Ryan Demmer