You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#106240 No thumbnail editor icon?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by fcbdk on Thursday, 07 January 2021 19:54 GMT

fcbdk
Hello. I have just paid for a subscription and installed the latest JCE Pro version. But I get not thumbnail icon when uploading an image?

Im using this guide: https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/image-manager-extended/thumbnail-editor

I dont get that small icon in the right side of the image manager.

JCE Pro is installed and I hev inserted my key.

hardys
It looks like you are using the standard Image Manager. To be able to create thumbnails you have to use the Image Manager Extended. If the IME button is not present in the toolbar you have to add it.
Please see: https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/editor/pro-buttons-missing-after-upgrade

fcbdk
Thanks. But we are uploading and choosing our images through the "Images and Links" tab in Joomla, where we upload and set the intro and full article image. is it possible to make Joomla open the IME here? This is the place I want to make the thumbnails.

fcbdk
Another thing: I have set a new Thumbnail Width and Thumbnail Height under filesystem, but it keeps displaying 120x90 when I open the "Create Thumbnail". I would like to set 450x276 non proportional as default, so I don't have to change that each time.

Thanks. And happy new year!

Ryan
Thanks. But we are uploading and choosing our images through the "Images and Links" tab in Joomla, where we upload and set the intro and full article image. is it possible to make Joomla open the IME here? This is the place I want to make the thumbnails.

This uses the generic File Browser dialog, which does not have the Create Thumbnail tools. You can create thumbnails in this dialog on upload.

Another thing: I have set a new Thumbnail Width and Thumbnail Height under filesystem, but it keeps displaying 120x90 when I open the "Create Thumbnail". I would like to set 450x276 non proportional as default, so I don't have to change that each time.

For the Create Thumbnail dialog, set these values in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Image Manager Extended.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

fcbdk
This uses the generic File Browser dialog, which does not have the Create Thumbnail tools. You can create thumbnails in this dialog on upload.

Isnt it possible to make Joomla load the IME instead of the generic file browser in "Images and Links"? The reason I need IME for thumbnails is that I want to crop and choose the exact area for the thumbnail in the "Create Thumbnail" Box.

See the attached image. Thats the box I need in "Images and Links"

Attachments

Ryan
Isnt it possible to make Joomla load the IME instead of the generic file browser in "Images and Links"?

No, but I am looking into moving the Create Thumbnail tools into the File Browser in JCE Pro 2.9.3

Ryan Demmer

fcbdk
Isnt it possible to make Joomla load the IME instead of the generic file browser in "Images and Links"?

No, but I am looking into moving the Create Thumbnail tools into the File Browser in JCE Pro 2.9.3

That would be amazing!! Any time frame?

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.2 RC8 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

fcbdk
Please try JCE Pro 2.9.2 RC8 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Thank you! Works perfectly!!

fcbdk
Hi again

I tested the "create thumbnail" function. Unfortunately the image quality of the thumbnails is not great even if set to 100% quality. The thumbnails get blurred and pixelated.

Any way you can improve the image quality of the thumbnails?

Ryan
Do you know if your server has IMagick installed?

Go to System -> System Information and click on the PHP Information tab. Scroll down to find "imagick".

Ryan Demmer

fcbdk
Check image. ImageMagick?

Attachments

Ryan
I would suggest you enable it, as it will allow you to process much larger images than your would be able to with the default PHP GD library, which you are using now.

Ryan Demmer

fcbdk
Ok, I will give it a try. Thanks