You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#105824 Code tab stopped working

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by nexus1991 on Monday, 09 November 2020 17:45 GMT

nexus1991
Just upgraded to JCE Pro 2.9.1 and Code tab stopped working. When clicked JCE displays blank space and indefinitely turning "wait circle". It worked just fine in free JCE,

Ryan
The Code Tab in JCE Core displays a simple textarea. In JCE Pro, it is a seperate Code Editor.

Are you editng existing content, or is this a blank article?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

nexus1991
Actually it does not matter. A click on the Code tab hangs the editor regardless. I cannot go back to Editor tab or to Preview tab. I can only close JCE and start afresh.
There is one strange thing. When I start JCE there are 2 notices:

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/nexus/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/renderer/html/head.php on line 139

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/nexus/public_html/libraries/joomla/document/renderer/html/head.php on line 196

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
Have you set the $live_site value in your site's configuration.php file? This value should be left blank.

Ryan Demmer

nexus1991
I am just the web page owner and content editor. My web programmer said that

variable public $live_site = ''; in configuration.php is empty

He also said that the attached screenshot should be self-evident

I also noticed that JCE Pro hangs on any attempt to change tab.

Attachments

albertasky
Bump. I'm also experiencing a similar issue, but only when using JCE 2.9.1 within Membership Pro 2.21.0. JCE works as expected everywhere else.

Unfortunately I'm currently configuring my site on localhost so I can't provide site access to view what's happening.

The weird thing is both extensions were updated on their respective release dates a week or so ago and it was working fine up until yesterday. No other changes to code, extensions, website whatsoever. So I'm uncertain what may have caused the issue.

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, so just throwing it out there.

Attachments

nexus1991
Forgot to mention that the free version of JCE works fine.

Ryan
@nexus1991 - Please upgrade the login you sent so I am able to install an updated version of JCE Pro on your site to test a possible fix.

The weird thing is both extensions were updated on their respective release dates a week or so ago and it was working fine up until yesterday. No other changes to code, extensions, website whatsoever. So I'm uncertain what may have caused the issue.

@albertasky - Your issue does not appear to be the same as the original poster, as it only occurs in a single installed extension. This sounds like it is cache replated, and a recent change in either extension may be causing an issue. What is displayed in the browser's Javascript Console?

Ryan Demmer

nexus1991
Upgraded you to Admin.

Ryan
Upgraded you to Admin.

That still does not enable me to install extensions.

Ryan Demmer

nexus1991
You are superuser now.

Ryan
@nexus1991 - I have fixed this on your site with an install of JCE Pro 2.9.2 Beta 7 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

You should upgrade the version of Joomla you have on your site, as the version you are using is very old.

Ryan Demmer

albertasky

@albertasky - Your issue does not appear to be the same as the original poster, as it only occurs in a single installed extension. This sounds like it is cache replated, and a recent change in either extension may be causing an issue. What is displayed in the browser's Javascript Console?

[/quote]

Thanks for the quick reply, Ryan, much appreciated. I believe you're correct with the issue. I opened my site in Safari again (something I did previously) instead of Chrome and the problem resolved itself. Went back into Chrome again and all is good.I was receiving a "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'value' of undefined" error related to TinyMCE loading whenever the page loaded. Going into Safari this time seemed to reset everything back to the way it should be.

My apologies for hijacking this Post...all is working for me again.

Thanks again.
Tim

nexus1991
Thanks, Ryan!
It works now.