You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#105767 UPgrade to newer pro version blanks out my articles

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 04 November 2020 20:16 GMT

KiwiBa
So I upgraded to the newer version the other day and I found all my article pages blank on the front end. All the text was gone.
Going into the backend I redid the font on one paragraph and it fixed it for the entire page. Have had to go through each article and do this.

Its like the entire font colours was last in translation. Even images had gone missing and returned after adjusting the font on one paragraph.

Ryan
Do you still have an article on the site that exhibits this behaviour?

Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
This issue is 100% caused by your template, which has set the font color for body text to #eef0f2, which is the same color as set for the background! See - https://www.altitudejourney.com/templates/finatic/css/presets/default.css on line 7

body, .sp-preloader {
  background-color: #eef0f2;
  color: #eef0f2;
}
The best way to fix this, for paragraph text, is to add the following to the same stylesheet:

p {
    color: #627180;
}

Ryan Demmer

KiwiBa
Thanks for the response.
The template has not changed in almost a month. Everything was fine and working till the moment I uploaded the new Joe editor.
Not the first time I have had an issue with updating Jce. The last time I did the upgrade my site got corrupted and would not load until I reinstalled the backup made prior to the upgrade of jce. So now I only download the latest version and update via extensions otherwise I get these corruptions using the Joomla update on the control panel page.

So back to why I don’t agree. Like I said it was all fine till I upgraded. It is all very well calling out the style sheet, but that doesn’t explain why even images disappeared. It doesn’t explain why other elements different fonts and styles also disappeared.
Like I said the template had not changed in a month, no updates, no new articles. Those fonts and styles I put in over 6 months ago with no issue until I did the upgrade of jce. The big question is what in jce triggered the issue. Also, I have an overriding font on articles in each one in SP Page which seems to have been removed.

But thanks for the suggestion below. However, doing that did not solve the problem 100%. I am also further convinced your explanation is not 100 on the money. When I applied your fix it brought back the text and no images and none of the formatting that was there before. It was as if the SP page layout had been disabled. When I then copied #627180 into SP Page on the article content editor it fixed it. Now remember I have had no updates to my template only JCE. It all went downhill after doing the upgrade. It seems as if JCE disabled something. Even your suggested fix did not correct it 100%.

If you want to see one in action look at this before I update - https://www.altitudejourney.com/en/blog/growth-and-learning/grow-crises
This is after your fix. Notice the format of the page and missing images. Look at one of the other blogs to compare. Now when you go into the article backend and update the font on the first paragraph in SP page you will see how it all comes back it should. Again this started happening after JCE update...it has triggered or disabled something.
Are there any other thoughts here?

Ryan
So back to why I don’t agree. Like I said it was all fine till I upgraded. It is all very well calling out the style sheet, but that doesn’t explain why even images disappeared. It doesn’t explain why other elements different fonts and styles also disappeared.
Like I said the template had not changed in a month, no updates, no new articles. Those fonts and styles I put in over 6 months ago with no issue until I did the upgrade of jce. The big question is what in jce triggered the issue. Also, I have an overriding font on articles in each one in SP Page which seems to have been removed.

But thanks for the suggestion below. However, doing that did not solve the problem 100%. I am also further convinced your explanation is not 100 on the money. When I applied your fix it brought back the text and no images and none of the formatting that was there before. It was as if the SP page layout had been disabled. When I then copied #627180 into SP Page on the article content editor it fixed it. Now remember I have had no updates to my template only JCE. It all went downhill after doing the upgrade. It seems as if JCE disabled something. Even your suggested fix did not correct it 100%.

JCE is only activated when an article is opened for editing. It does not process article content when it is installed or updated, and only does to a limited extent when an article is displayed, if that article contains Columns markup, which it only then styles with a stylesheet.

Looking at the changes to your content, it would seem that the HTML has been cleaned from the content, which is usually something the Joomla Text Filter would do when an article is saved, if the Text Filter settings are set to No HTML (which yours are not). If your content has been created using SP Page Builder, then there might be something in that extension that is responsible for this change.

Ryan Demmer