You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#105721 JSON problem in Editor when searching link URL

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by smorgasbord on Tuesday, 03 November 2020 20:37 GMT

smorgasbord
I am using your Editor.
When i go to insert a link and use the 'search' function for the required URL from the site, I get "The server returned an invalid JSON response." and no search results are displayed.
The other way of inserting by drilling down folders works but is comparatively tedious.
I have just installed the update software but the problem remains; and has been there for several months and editins of the Editor.
I have had two different people on windows and apple machines test and get the same problem so sounds server side or software rather than desktop side.
Please advise.
Thanks
Scott

Ryan
The Search function uses the core Joomla Search plugins, and any others included with installed extensions, to conduct the search. This can sometimes lead to errors when installed search plugins require libraries or features assumed to be available for a front-end site search, but not in this Search function.

In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Link, scroll down to the Search section. Uncheck the Link Search Plugins options, leaving only Search - Categories and Search - Content.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/105721-json-problem-in-editor-when-searching-link-url.jpg

If you require any others, add them back one at a time, checking each time if the error has returned. This will determine which search plugin is causing the error.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

smorgasbord
Thank you for your suggestion.
However, that has not solved the problem.
I tried various permutations including disabling the search function at that location, logging out and back in, flushing caches, removing all search options and putting them back one at a time.
Search on the site in general seems to work OK so think the Joomla functions are ok.
Any other suggestions appreciated.
Scott

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I have fixed this on your site with an install of JCE Pro 2.9.2 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

smorgasbord
works perfectly.
Thank you for your excellent support service.
Best wishes
Scott