You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#105452 JCE Pro... Changes not being saved

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Friday, 02 October 2020 19:44 BST

CABass
Since updating to 2.1.18, changes I make to page content are not being saved. When I click the Save button, the page refreshes and reverts to what it was before making changes.

Sometimes, but not always, I can switch to Preview before saving changes, then click Save while in preview mode, and changes will be saved.

This seems to be a sporadic issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Ryan
Are you editing a normal Joomla article, or creating content in another extension?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

CABass
Editing a normal Joomla site.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

CABass
Login sent.

Ryan
I've done a few minor edits, and reverted them afterwards, but all are saving as expected.

Is there any particular kind of edit or formatting you are doing when you see this issue?

Ryan Demmer

CABass
No, it's just either deleting some content such as a sentence or paragraph, or typing new content in.

CABass
Incidentally, I am using Firefox

Ryan
No, it's just either deleting some content such as a sentence or paragraph, or typing new content in.

This is what I tried on your site, also in Firefox, and I have been unable to reproduce the issue.

Are you still encountering it?

Ryan Demmer

CABass
Thank you. Yes, it is still not saving properly for me about two out of three times. I have made a screen grab video showing what I am doing and the error on a file I have named Test (2) which I created by saving an existing article as a copy.

You can view my video at https://youtu.be/cK2NrG3gBmk

Ryan
I've just tried the same edit in the same article as in your video, in Firefox, and it saves correctly for me every time.

Do you get the issue in a different browser?

Ryan Demmer

CABass
Clearly it is indeed a problem in Firefox on my end. Perhaps good ol' Kaspersky is causing it.

But yes, it works fine in Chrome.

Thank you very much for your time in looking into this for me. It is clearly NOT a JCE problem.

CABass
I turned off Kaspersky in Firefox and the problem is resolved.

Ryan
Good to know. Their may be a setting in Kaspersky somewhere that affects content submitted by the browser.

Ryan Demmer