You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#105094 PRO stopped working.

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Triplicate on Thursday, 20 August 2020 14:32 BST

Triplicate
Hi all. I'm an active Pro user. Yesterday I had my domain name changed in order to upgrade from an old Joomla 1.5 site to a new Joomla 3.9.2 site. The 3.9.2 site is where I was using my Pro JCE. Since this site got a new domain name, JCE stopped working. What to do from here?

Ryan
JCE Pro is not restricted or limited to a specific domain.

Which JCE Pro version do you have installed? As you upgrade from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3.9 you may need to uninstall the version you currently have, and install the latest version - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/latest

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Triplicate
Thanks for the reply Ryan. The version I have seems t be the latest 2.8.15. My host provider gave my site a different domain name. Since I purchased and licensed for the Pro version the domain name was something other than it is now. I was wondering if the license stopped working for that reason.

If I should reinstall and try again I can do that. Do I uninstall all of these. Please see screenshot

Attachments

Ryan
Please see the instructions here - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/installation/editor#remove

Ryan Demmer

Triplicate
The uninstall went fine. The install went fine also. When I select JCE in Global settings and then go to any article, there is no editor. Please see screen shots

Attachments

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
It looks like you have some kind of front-end redirect to your previous domain, perhaps in the .htaccess file or at the dns level. This is causing the issues with the editor loading (and some other extensions)

Ryan Demmer

Triplicate
Thank you Ryan... That is exactly what I'm trying to do with my host provider and I pretty sure my host provider didn't do this job correct. I'm not a programmer so where should I go from here. Are you aware of instructions on how to do this right?

Ryan
I'm not a programmer so where should I go from here. Are you aware of instructions on how to do this right?

It depends on where the problem is. If is in the .htaccess file, then I can fix it for you if you provide with an ftp login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Otherwise, it will have to be your host that fixes it.

Ryan Demmer

Triplicate
Thank you so much Ryan. My site is a subdomain of sitemain.com. Did you want ftp.sitemain.com or do I setup ftp.ssopen.org ftp access?

Ryan
I think ftp.ssopen.org as this is where the htaccess file might be.

Ryan Demmer

Triplicate
I may have given you incorrect info. The Joomla 3.9x site is located in public_html/sso. Also be advised my host provider is still trying to fix this issue.

Ryan
There does not appear to be anything in the htaccess file that resembles a redirect that could be causing this issue.

I think the problem is at the domain / dns level and your host will have to fix it.

Ryan Demmer

Triplicate
Thanks for taking a look at this Ryan. Yesterday I looked in the configuraton.php file in the sso directory and it does not look right since it still has incorrect references to the old 1.5 site. It just feels suspect. Your thoughts if you get a chance?

Ryan
I have update the configuration.php with the necessary changes, and crucially, remove the $live_site value which was set to the old domain. This is usually left blank anyway as Joomla sets this value dynamically.

The admin login is now working properly and so is the editor! 😃

Ryan Demmer

Triplicate
WOW... fantastic Ryan. I'm a lucky man and your a fantastic person to step up and take care of this for me. How do I send a private message to you? You have my email address. Please reach out to me when you get a chance.