You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#105055 span added everywhere

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Martin84 on Monday, 17 August 2020 22:49 BST

Martin84
When editing with JCE i see i have my text all filled with

<span style="-webkit-text-stroke-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); caret-color: auto;"> </span>
Of course i can not see anything while editing, but if i go to the "code" tab, then i see this. Im not using text stroke, or changing any text property. Why is this?

Ryan
Are you pasting in the content or are you able to determine when this code is added, such as when pressing a key like backspace?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Martin84
Yes, this is possibly happening when pasting. Im copying and pasting from other JCE editor instance, or sometimes from Notepad++.
But the pasted code does not have this <span>.
Im not sure how to replicate the behavior, because i encounter this from time to time. I will try to pay attention and see when it happens.
I was hoping you may know the possible cause... just like the "nofollow", that is added automatically to the links. Maybe this was something similar.

Martin84
Im not being able to paste a text as reply here. Im considered a bot i guess.... maybe because my reply time is short and the text is long ¿?
Ive wrote the reply offline, and now im copy-pasting it with no luck 🙁

Ryan
Im considered a bot i guess.... maybe because my reply time is short and the text is long ¿?
Ive wrote the reply offline, and now im copy-pasting it with no luck

The contents of the post might have been flagged by our firewall.

Can you post a screenshot of it, and we can go from there?

Ryan Demmer

Martin84

Attachments

Ryan
I am not able to reproduce this in my tests. Which browser are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Martin84
Now im using Opera. I will make some test with other browser.
But i think that this is because the .panel class has white background on the CSS, so when copying text from this <div> its also copying the style.