You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104953 updating JCE - it is trying to update Core over Pro

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 03 August 2020 19:35 BST

rcarey
I recently took over maintenance for a site, and on this site the one-click update for JCE is always failing - requiring me to download the latest and installing it manually. The message is this:
JCE Core cannot be installed over JCE Pro. Please install JCE Pro. To downgrade, please first uninstall JCE Pro.

I do have my update key installed.

I have been installing the JCE Pro version when I manually upgrade. Is there something I need to do to let the site's system know to upgrade with Pro instead of trying to upgrade with Core?

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Ryan
It looks like the site had a record of the JCE Core update url still stored, and was using that to retrieve the update package.

I fixed this on the site by going to Extensions -> Manage -> Update Sites, and clicking on the Rebuild button.

After that, Extensions -> Manage -> Update and installed the correct update pacakge.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.