You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104930 Change unordered list order

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Denis L. on Saturday, 01 August 2020 15:07 BST

Denis L.
Hi,

I want to have the square bullets in priority and from what I can see of the cursor in the Unordered Lists plugin settings, we would be supposed to be able to move them around to change the order... but it's not working. See Gif bellow.

https://spaa.wgxmontage.com/images/Bullet-list-ordering.gif

Can you please help me fix this?

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.8.16 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development/jce-pro-2-8-16-dev

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Denis L.
Hi Ryan,

Sorting of list items in Editor Profiles works fin now, but there is still a little nag I was wondering if it could be done?

In this particular website I'm building, I want the bullet list style to be square by default... so I thought that by moving the square style at the top of the list and unchecked the default one that it would achieve this but still, if I just clic on the list button in the editor, I still get the disk dots by default. To have the square ones, I have to pull down the button's drop list and select the square dots.

Isn't there a way to set the dot style as default when you prioritize one of them in the list order?

Ryan
In this particular website I'm building, I want the bullet list style to be square by default... so I thought that by moving the square style at the top of the list and unchecked the default one that it would achieve this but still, if I just clic on the list button in the editor, I still get the disk dots by default. To have the square ones, I have to pull down the button's drop list and select the square dots. Isn't there a way to set the dot style as default when you prioritize one of them in the list order?
If you don't want or need the other options, then uncheck all of them except default, and style the list using css in your template stylesheet, eg:

ul {
    list-style: square;
}

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Denis L.
Good! That works! Thanks Ryan! 🙂