You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#104914 mp4 does not start automaticaly when visiting the url

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 28 July 2020 14:28 BST

stof
Hi ,

I have a question about an mp4 film that I inlcuded on the homepage. I have set everything so that the film starts automaticaly. And that works when I click on the menu item.

However.

When I enter the url directly (film plays on the homepage) the film doesn't start automaticaly .. When I hit the home button is starts. Also when I go to the website via Google it also does not start automaticaly. 🙁

How can this be? How can I make it start?

Ryan
Please post a link to the article containing the video.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

stof
I will post it via a DM. I never post customer sites on fora. Hope its not a problem.

Ryan
The HTML that embeds the video looks OK, so in theory it should autoplay as soon as it is loaded.

Looking at the browser Network console, it does not appear that it is being loaded. Perhaps there is a script running on the front page of your site that is affecting this, like a lazy loading effect?

Ryan Demmer

stof
Thanks for your answer. I included 'unfade' in the module and hoped that would help but it didn't.

I will have to investigate this more cause, I can not find anything. In Edge it works but not in chrome. Is there a way to include an image (in case it doesnt start automaticaly) ? Sort of thumbnail? Then there is at least something to see when the video does not start automaticaly..

Ryan
Is there a way to include an image (in case it doesnt start automaticaly) ? Sort of thumbnail? Then there is at least something to see when the video does not start automaticaly..

When inserting the video, you can set a Poster value as a url to an image to display.

Ryan Demmer

stof
Thanks!

One last question. When I add a playbutton on that image. And let the image reload the page. Then the video is shown.
Can I add a link with url to that image? You see what I mean?

Ryan
Can I add a link with url to that image? You see what I mean?

Hpapy to take a look.

FYI - I think this autoplay issue may be the result of browser preferences, with Firefox and Chrome blocking autoplay by default.

Ryan Demmer