You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#104823 Compatibility issue JCE - Fabrik

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jfquestiaux on Thursday, 16 July 2020 14:05 BST

jfquestiaux
Hi Ryan,
I've been a JCE user for a long time (since Joomla! 1.0) and I keep using it in all my projects.
I'm also a Fabrik user and, since the JCE 2.8 release, I have an issue working them together in the back-end (only): opening a Fabrik list or form for editing creates a serie of JS errors (in editor_plugin.js mainly) that makes impossible to edit the Fabrik item.
Oddly enough, it does not happen ALL the time, but quite often, and ONLY with lists and forms (groups and elements are safe - but elements don't integrate an editor).
JCE 2.7 (up to 2.7.20) works fine. It's really started with any version of 2.8.
I'm not sure whether you can do something about this, but I set up a test site for you to test if you can. Let me know how I can give you Super User access and if you need something else (FTP?).
Kind regards,
Jean-François

Attachments

Ryan
There appears to be some kind of issue with the Fabrik script loader and the markdown converter script - https://github.com/markedjs/marked - JCE is using.

The error will be fixed in the next update, although it looks like at this time you won't be able to use text to markdown conversion in the editor in Fabrik.

In Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout, uncheck the Markdown option at the bottom of the page and then click Save & Close.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jfquestiaux
Hi. Thanks, indeed unchecking Markdown in the profile does the trick. It's an interesting feature but I actually never used it so far...