You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104674 right-click Context Menu missing

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 23 June 2020 20:11 BST

sageman
Hello Ryan,

this is most likely not a JCE issue - but maybe you can point me in the right direction: can you thing of anything server side, that would prevent the right-click Context Menu from showing? Or possibly another extension, like sh4040SEF ?

I have compared 2 sites, one where the menu pops up and one where it does not (the only site, btw.). Both have the exact same JCE version & configuration, same browser without addons - the only thing that differs is the server and a few extensions, like sh404SEF...

Thanks
Richard

sageman
Wow - just found the cause: with "Toggle Spellchecker" activated, the right-click Context Menu is missing.
Once I toggle it to inactive, the menu works as expected!

feature or bug ? 😃

Regards
Richard

Ryan
The spellchecker uses the browsers internal spellcheck engine, which requires the browser's own right-click menu to display suggestions etc., so when spellcheck is activated, the editor's context menu needs to be deactivated.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.