You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104520 Adding classes to the dropdown menu

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by lancasterphotographicsociety on Wednesday, 10 June 2020 11:56 BST

lancasterphotographicsociety
I would like to be able to add some classes to the classes dropdown menu for tags like:

External link <i class="fas fa-external-link-alt"></I>

...for example. I have had a go at this in the options panel, but nothing seems to appear in the drop down. Can someone point me in the right direction to see how to go about this please?

Attachments

Ryan
You can create a Custom Style that will be listed in the Styles list - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/tutorials/editor/creating-custom-styles

On this case you would your class names to the Classes field, eg: fas fa-external-link-alt

Please note that a style must be applied to a selection - some text or an element. You cannot use Styles to create an empty tag like <i class="fas fa-external-link-alt"></i>

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

See screenshot above. I changed i to a as this is a class for a link but it doesn't work. Am I missing something simple in what I have put in the boxes?

Ryan
Set the Tag option to None (Apply to selected Tag)

The link must already exist, then hightlight / select it, and choose your External Link style from the Styles list.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Thanks Ryan, understand now, that worked a treat