You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104452 Easy Footnotes plugin.

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 08 June 2020 10:41 BST

coalitionguy
Is there anyway to get footnotes and side notes in my content without coding? One of the biggest drawbacks for me is the difficulty in installing decently structured footnotes and side notes within my content. I’m more inclined to include references via footnotes and side-notes to content sources on my site, but I’d like to have a native JCE Pro plugin or button to simplify my work. There is one plugin available out there that does it, but it doesn’t work well with jce, even when jce is set as default editor. K2’s rendering of the JCE, or vice versa, DOESN’T WORK. So that plugin doesn’t work across various components, even though they are content editors.

is there a plugin for JCE Pro that could fill my needs?

Ryan
Can you explain - perhaps with a visual example - what you mean by Footnotes or Side-notes, within the context of a Joomla article?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

coalitionguy
There is a footnotes plugin that assigns a button to jce. when you insert your cursor and click the button, a tool-tip like dialog loads, and you can select: footnote side note, etc.. it’s on the joomla extensions directory: xbfootnotetag.

unfortunately, it only works in com_content articles. if it could be adapted to work globally with jce; that it, work anywhere jce editor loads, it would be great. maybe you guys could refine that for jce?

Ryan
unfortunately, it only works in com_content articles. if it could be adapted to work globally with jce; that it, work anywhere jce editor loads, it would be great. maybe you guys could refine that for jce?

JCE only processes the content provided to it by the extension (Article Manager, K2) via a textarea. The layout of this content is then defined in the front-end by the extension. Footnotes etc. appear to have different layout considerations, where the list is rendered outside of the content area by the xbfootnotetag plugin.

So in this instance, the xbfootnotetag extension would need to be modified to work with K2. It may be worth contacting the developers of this extension to request this.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.