You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#104030 Columns, Resizing, Folder Questions

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 20 May 2020 19:23 BST

DaveOzric
Hello, I have a few issues/questions.

1. How do you insert a paragraph or simply add content under a column without going into the source code and typing in something and going back to the editor's view? Say I have a two-column div inserted and then want to go back to normal layouts. There does not seem to be a way to get out of the columns in the editor to add new paragraphs below it.

2. When resizing a photo in the image manager extended, the save dialog is always 100% quality. This always makes the photo file size larger than the original even when it's smaller. I always need to change the quality to 90% manually each time. I cannot find a setting that can set a default quality.

3. How can I set a folder for a user but not restrict them to just that folder? In other words, I am trying to make it easy for them to find their uploaded content but allow them to get back to the root Images folder to see everything.

Thank you

Ryan
1. How do you insert a paragraph or simply add content under a column without going into the source code and typing in something and going back to the editor's view? Say I have a two-column div inserted and then want to go back to normal layouts. There does not seem to be a way to get out of the columns in the editor to add new paragraphs below it.

Press CTRL + ALT + Enter to move into a new paragraph after the column set. Press CTRL + ALT + Up Arrow to move into a new paragraph before the column set.

On Mac use CMD + Alt + Enter.

2. When resizing a photo in the image manager extended, the save dialog is always 100% quality. This always makes the photo file size larger than the original even when it's smaller. I always need to change the quality to 90% manually each time. I cannot find a setting that can set a default quality.

This does not yet have an option to set a default value. I will add this in the next update.

3. How can I set a folder for a user but not restrict them to just that folder? In other words, I am trying to make it easy for them to find their uploaded content but allow them to get back to the root Images folder to see everything.

Am I to assume you have multiple users who you want to restrict to only their own folder and the root "imges" folder?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

DaveOzric
Thank you for the keyboard shortcuts! I appreciate the offer to add that resize quality setting. I noticed the file size was doubled in some cases if I left it at 100%

Am I to assume you have multiple users who you want to restrict to only their own folder and the root "imges" folder?

Yes, but this is the scenario. I want them to be able to access any folder in the Root. So if they are editing an older article the file is accessible. I am just seeing if they are in the root Images folder, I have 20 folders and 50 files in the root now, it's rather confusing for them.

I am wondering if they can be assigned a folder but not be restricted to that only?

Ryan
Yes, but this is the scenario. I want them to be able to access any folder in the Root. So if they are editing an older article the file is accessible. I am just seeing if they are in the root Images folder, I have 20 folders and 50 files in the root now, it's rather confusing for them.

I am wondering if they can be assigned a folder but not be restricted to that only?

Could this help? - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/forum/104309#p104394

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.