You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#103653 JCE filebrowser (mediajce ) gives 404 in front-end

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pwouda on Tuesday, 31 March 2020 09:55 BST

pwouda
Hi there,

I have created a custom field for a user of type mediajce.
When the user wants to edit his profile and clicks on the select-button to op the JCE browser, a 404 error occurs.
I have no overrides in my template.
The iFrame tries to find the url
/component/jce/?task=plugin.display&plugin=browser&standalone=1&ef173b0c5c997386c54c5c1573cf955d=1&client=0&context=25&element=jform_com_fields_bladmuziek_pdf_word&filter=files&fieldid=jform_com_fields_bladmuziek_pdf_word&folder=&ml=1

What is wrong?

Peter

Attachments

Ryan
Are you using an installed SEF extension?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pwouda
Not that I was aware of, but yes, I found the System-SEF 3.0.0 plugin enabled. Disabling it made the mediajce work 😃 !
Or is there another way to handle this problem?

Thanks!
Peter

Attachments

Ryan
That plugin should always remain enabled.

Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I must be missing something because I don't see any extra fields on any of the articles, to access the JCE File Browser...

Which article should I edit to see the extra fields?

Ryan Demmer

pwouda
The extra fields are in the Users, and can be seen in the front-end when you login on https://toonkunstkoorheerenveen.nl/leden
And then click "Profiel bewerken" in the Masterclass Menu on the left.

pwouda
Sorry for asking, but I was just wondering if you have found the custom fields in the Users, and if the problem still has you attention 🙂

Thanks,
Peter

Ryan
I have found that the same thing happens on your site if you use the core Joomla Media field (publish the Bladmuziek (PDF) Media field in Users -> Manage -> Fields to see this), so I suspect the issue may be with your SEF setup, possibly the nginx file on your site.

Ryan Demmer

pwouda
Hi Ryan,

You helped me with this answer. I tried running php as "Fast cgi Apache" and "FPM Apache" and they solved the problem. Running as "FPM served bij nginx" breaks the SEF-url. Maybe there is a configuration possible to let it work in Nginx, but the solutions in the Joomla-documentation did not work out for me Joomla documentation Nginx and SEF.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
Peter

Attachments