You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#103561 JCE Pro File Manager Upload Error

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 24 March 2020 17:01 GMT

LutherMemorial
Today, with out changing anything on our Joomla website, the JCE Pro stopped uploading PDFs. It provides only the following information...
  • Click "Insert/Edit file"
  • Click on "Upload", upload the PDF file of choice
  • JCE Pro File Manager says "Upload Failed: No data"

Happens with any PDF or jpg file we try to upload. Even files that had uploaded in the past stopped working. Check with server host and I can upload via FTP or the hosts file manager just fine.

Attachments

Ryan
Happens with any PDF or jpg file we try to upload. Even files that had uploaded in the past stopped working. Check with server host and I can upload via FTP or the hosts file manager just fine.

Can you upload with the Joomla Media Manager?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

LutherMemorial
Not sure about Joomla Media Manager. Is that the same as JCE - File Browser? I did try the JCE - File Browser, and that has the same issue...

Attachments

Ryan
Not sure about Joomla Media Manager. Is that the same as JCE - File Browser?

No, you can access the Joomla Media Manager from Content -> Media.

Ryan Demmer

LutherMemorial
Same similar issue...

Attachments

Ryan
Do you have any security extensions installed like Admintools or RSFirewall?

Ryan Demmer

LutherMemorial
No, nothing like that is installed.

Ryan
The error messages you are receiving when you attempt to upload are the result of a problem with the upload data sent from the browser - it is missing or has been removed. This could be the result of an intervention by a security extension, or some process on your server designed to "protect" the site and server from malicious uploads.

If this is only happening with pdf files, then I suspect there is something in place which is blocking these uploads. Please speak to your hosting company about this.

Ryan Demmer

LutherMemorial
Ryan,

Thanks for the help so far. Before reaching out to you, I asked our hosting company, and their response was "nothing was changed on the hosting servers".

This new issue happens with any file we try to upload, pdf, png, txt, jpg. AND the files I try to upload are the very same files that we had already uploaded just a few weeks ago (when it was working). So we know nothing has changed with the file, extension, etc. The only difference is I change the file name so the file does not appear like a duplicate. Can you offer any suggestions, JCE log, Joomla logs, etc., that can more definitely point the issue to the hosting company?

Thank you

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
I can't see anything obvious on the site that could be causing the problem (such as an installed extension), so I strongly suspect it is a server setting, or htaccess rule.

I assume you also get an error when you try to upload and install a new extension?

Please check with your host again, in particular any changes made to PHP settings, such as the upload_tmp_dir value.

Ryan Demmer

LutherMemorial
Hi Ryan,

Thanks again for helping us troubleshoot this. Note, your comment about the PHP upload_tmp_dir reminded me about a Joomla warning we have had for a few years now. Joomla has the following warning...
"The PHP temporary folder is the folder that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla can access this file. Whilst the folder not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue."

Although this has been a warning for a long time, could this now be the JCE Upload problem that is just now exhibiting issues?

Thanks again,
Rodney

Attachments

Ryan
Although this has been a warning for a long time, could this now be the JCE Upload problem that is just now exhibiting issues?

Yes it could be. Please speak to your host about this.

Ryan Demmer