You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#102942 File browser shortcut to specific folder

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pmarty on Thursday, 27 February 2020 13:55 GMT

pmarty
Hello,

Please is it possible to write a direct url linking to a specific folder in the file browser?
For example : administrator/index.php?option=com_jce&view=browser&folder=docs (docs is a folder inside my /images folder)

I need to create some shortcut to ease access on backend to specific folders.

Thanks for your help.

Ryan
The File Browser uses the default File Directory Path value in Editor Profiles -> Editor Parameters -> Filesystem, or the values set in Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser. If no value is set for either, then the default Joomla "images" folder is used.

To set a specific folder for the File Browser, go to Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser and add a value to the File Directory Path field, eg:

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/102942-file-browser-shortcut-to-specific-folder.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pmarty
Hello,

Ok for changing the default folder, but my users may be able to browse the /images as JCE default folder.

I just want to create some shortlinks using KC Admin QuickIcons as I do for example with the article manager:
I create a shortcut filtering a specific category using the shortlink : index.php?option=com_content&view=articles&filter_category_id=xx (where xx is the id of the category I choose to display)

Is there a way to rite the same kind of url to shortlink a specific folder in JCE browser.
Thanks for your hepl

Ryan
I have added support for a &folder=foo value on the File Browser url to the next update, but it needs testing.

Please try JCE Pro 2.8.7 Beta - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pmarty
Great, it works perfectly.
A big thanks for this new feature 😃