You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#102702 Disable one-click upload

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by DJBenz on Wednesday, 22 January 2020 15:10 GMT

DJBenz
Regarding the new one-click upload feature, is there any way to disable it? It's kinda screwed things up for me, and I can't believe this "feature" was introduced at the request of just one user 😮

It is causing confusion for my users and in certain cases it screws up the layout of the screen because the fly out buttons are visible permanently.

Attached images are from my co-admin and what he's seeing in various browsers. Before taking the screenshots, he ran CCLeaner and emptied the cache/cookies/temp data from each individual browser before going to the site. Display settings are set 1366x768.

Using JCE 2.8.4 beta 2 and Joomla 3.9.14

Attachments

Ryan
and I can't believe this "feature" was introduced at the request of just one user

A user suggested it, I thought it was a good idea, so I implemented it. That is how new features are added sometimes. I'm sure you would want the same consideration for a feature request of your own.

I am adding an option to disable the upload button, I just need to figure out the best place to put it!

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

DJBenz
and I can't believe this "feature" was introduced at the request of just one user

A user suggested it, I thought it was a good idea, so I implemented it. That is how new features are added sometimes. I'm sure you would want the same consideration for a feature request of your own.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your responsiveness, it's just unusual for a developer to introduce a feature after one request! 😃 I've made feature requests before, but the devs (not you) usually respond with "We'll consider it if there's enough demand". Maybe my suggestion wasn't good enough. 🙁

As an aside, the upload button seems not to be functioning for me in Chrome. I hit the upload button, it opens the local machine file browser, select a file and hit 'open' in the file browser window, then... nothing. It doesn't upload the local file selected.

Not that I want to use the feature, just thought you'd like to know. 🙂

I am adding an option to disable the upload button, I just need to figure out the best place to put it!

That would be awesome and most appreciated, thank you.

nvsdesign
I'm also interested in an option to disable this button. Makes it easier to maintain files in folder structure.:)

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.8.4 RC 1 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

In Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> File Browser, set Direct Upload to No to remove the upload button.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/102702-disable-one-click-upload.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

DJBenz
Thanks for the speedy turnaround!