You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#102625 Using your new flexbox tool

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jgribble on Wednesday, 15 January 2020 21:22 GMT

jgribble
I have the latest version. The flexbox tools aren't there. I was hoping to try this out. What am I doing wrong? Is it really there somewhere and I'm not seeing it because it doesn't line up with your documentation illustrations?
Thanks
-Jim Gribble
Javelin Communications
Milwaukee WI USA

Attachments

Ryan
If you upgrade to JCE Pro 2.8.x from JCE Pro 2.7 or earlier, then the Columns tool will need to be added to the editor toolbar.

You can do this by dragging the Columns icon into the editor toolbar in Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout.

For example (showing adding the iframe button) - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/faq/editor/pro-buttons-missing-after-upgrade

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jgribble
Thank you! I now see where and how to do this.
-Jim G.

jgribble
I'm sure I'll have a couple questions about using these great new tools. If we center an image in column will it resize dynamically with changing screen size?

Ryan
If we center an image in column will it resize dynamically with changing screen size?

Yes. Personally I prefer to add the alignment to the paragraph that contains the image rather than the image itself. Click somewhere in the paragprah, next to the image, then click the Align Center button.

For more info on Columns - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/columns/creating-and-editing-columns

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jgribble
Great tip, thanks. And thanks for this new responsive layout tool.