You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#102251 Mediabox font loading

Posted in ‘Mediabox’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Saturday, 04 April 2020 12:24 BST

Giuse
Hi, testing a page of my site with Google Page Speed I found that one "issue" is that I should preload JCE mediabox font -
plugins/system/jcemediabox/fonts/mediabox.woff?swjl0l=
I then added preload in the body of my site but then Google blames me that on other pages the font is preloaded but not used... So I have a couple of questions: [list] [*]is this font being used only when the popup is clicked and not before? if yes, is it possible to change mediabox plugin so that it (lazy) loads its font just when clicked? [*]can we use default site font for Mediabox instead of loading this new font? [/list] thanks a lot Giuse

Ryan
is this font being used only when the popup is clicked and not before? if yes, is it possible to change mediabox plugin so that it (lazy) loads its font just when clicked?
can we use default site font for Mediabox instead of loading this new font?

The font is quite a small set of icons, used for the popup identifier on popup images (the magnifying glass icon) and for icons in the popup itself - close, next, previous etc. It must therefore be loaded when the page loads, and cannot be replaced by the site font.

I may use svg icons in a future update, so the font will not need to be loaded.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Giuse
that would be a good idea, page speed (and other performance tools) counts also number of requests even if the size is small
or maybe also the option of using icomoon that is often already loaded?
thanks

Giuse
Hi Ryan, any progress on this?
Thanks a lot

Giuse

Ryan
Please try JCE MediaBox 2.0.14 Beta 5 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/mediabox/development

Ryan Demmer

Giuse
works great!
Thanks Ryan

Giuse
Hi Ryan, I downloaded latest 2.1 version that uses SVG instead of fonts but I see that the mediabox.woff is still included in the plugin - is it a leftover?
cheers

Ryan
I see that the mediabox.woff is still included in the plugin - is it a leftover?

Yes, it is not loaded by the plugin, and will be removed in the next update.

Ryan Demmer