You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#102020 Columns: Can we set a breakpoint somewhere?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by jjonker on Wednesday, 04 December 2019 13:50 GMT

jjonker
Hi! About the new 'columns' feature: When we have a couple of columns next to each other there is a breakpoint on smaller screens where the columns are stacked below each other. This a excellent for smaller screens. i was just wondering if and where we could edit the breakpoint size for this behaviour? Is there a default breakpoint? And is this a screen width size or the size of the containing div?

There are no options at this time to have columns be a different percentage / fractions? Might be a nice addition to this feature ;-)

Ryan
i was just wondering if and where we could edit the breakpoint size for this behaviour? Is there a default breakpoint? And is this a screen width size or the size of the containing div?

You can set the Stack Width in the Columns dialog - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/columns/creating-and-editing-columns#columns-stack

There are no options at this time to have columns be a different percentage / fractions? Might be a nice addition to this feature ;-)

At this stage I am trying to keep it relatively simple, so it is easier to use for most users.

You can however select different predefined Layouts in the Columns dialog for column sizing - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/documentation/columns/creating-and-editing-columns#columns-layout

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jjonker
Excellent! I actually missed the fact that we can add columns by clicking on the column icon because I just used the little arrow besides the icon. Did the same thing with the link icon.... Only tryed the dropdown arrow and thought: But what if I want to add another kind of link. So kind of stupid ;-) I now realize the dropdown arrow besides the icon is basicalay a shortcut way to add a link or column.

So now I also see the other columns options ;-) Great.
The options for different widths (layout templates) for the columns are great. Sufficient for most users I think.

Thanks!

Ryan
I now realize the dropdown arrow besides the icon is basicalay a shortcut way to add a link or column.

Check out the new Quick Link and Quick Media drop-downs - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/news/jce-pro-2-8-0-released#quick-links

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

jjonker
The video preview in the backend is also excellent. Thanks for that.