You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101827 Adding Joomla editor buttons dropdown to toolbar breaks access to articles

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by BasilC on Saturday, 30 November 2019 22:21 GMT

andriusba
Hello.

Just started using JCE 2.8 stable.

1. When upgraded from 2.7 new buttons - columns and Joomla Editor buttons dropdown are not added automatically to toolbars (not sure, maybe it is meant by design).
2. When Joomla Editor buttons dropdown is added to toolbar in Default profile, I can't get inside article (from back-end) content access. When I removed this button, I managed to start article editing.

Attachments

BasilC
After upgrading to 2.8 stable and reconfiguring the toolbars in one of my profiles I got exactly the same error. I switched all components to another profile that I had the toolbars unchanged and the error has gone. After seeing the message above I removed the Joomla editors button dropdown the problem was fixed.

BasilC
Before you ask, I do use Regular Labs Content Templater.

andriusba
Before you ask, I do use Regular Labs Content Templater.

Me too.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.8.1 Beta 4 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

BasilC
No, still get the same error when the Joomla editors button dropdown is on the toolbar, even with Content Templater disabled. I user other Regular Labs buttons too.

I'm not really bothered, as I don't need to have the editors button dropdown anyway.

Ryan
This should be fixed now in beta 5 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

BasilC
Thanks, I only got round to this today, and it works fine. Also, I hadn't anticipated that the buttons dropdown would be of use, but it turns out it is because it means that I can use the buttons in fullscreen mode. Thanks for the feature (and the columns feature, which is very useful too). 😃