You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101741 No valid image was loaded

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by DaveOzric on Thursday, 21 November 2019 14:59 GMT

DaveOzric
Hello, I just updated from the RC version to the full 2.8 version and am getting this error when trying to upload an image in the article editor.

An image does actually get uploaded but no thumb is created.

DaveOzric
It may be related to the thumbnail creation as I can upload a single image OK without any errors and the image is there without refresh.

Ryan
Do you only get the error with that particular image, or any image?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

DaveOzric
I can upload this image if I don't have the thumbnail selected along with the resize. I don't believe it has anything to do with the image itself. It's a .jpg and uploads fine. Only the thumbnail does not get created. Did you watch the video I linked to? This would show it more clearly.

Attached is the image I used. Again, it works fine, just not with thumbnail checked. The error shows but the image is uploaded, no thumbnail is created.

Attachments

Ryan
There does appear to be some issue with the image, as I also get an error when attempting to thumbnail it with PHP GD2.

I do not get an error when using PHP IMagick.

Does your server have PHP Imagick enabled?

Ryan Demmer

DaveOzric
I just tried an image I used in last month's news article and the same thing happened. I was using the RC version last time or 2.7 for years and had no issues. So whatever changed in the final version is what is causing this. I have not changed anything in the settings, etc. The site is hosted on SiteGround.

The PHP IMagick setting is on in JCE. I don't see PHP IMagick in my PHP settings in System Information > PHP Version 7.1.33. Would it show up in there if it was enabled?

Why would the RC work and the final version not?

DaveOzric
I just installed 2.8 on my VPS server and get the same issue no matter what photo I try. I don't see IMagick in the PHP there either.

DaveOzric
It appears it's not enabled on SiteGround but can be added. https://www.siteground.com/kb/enable-imagick-imagemagick/

Like I said I never had issues until yesterday with either server.

Ryan
Switched to GD2 and I am noticing some unusual errors too. Working on a fix :)

Ryan Demmer

DaveOzric
Not urgent, I can create one thumbnail I need for the article without the thumbnail option working. Just trying to help!

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.8.1 Beta 3 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

DaveOzric
This works. :)