You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101731 Readmore missing after 2.8.0 upgrade

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by bob_sprague on Wednesday, 20 November 2019 20:37 GMT

bob_sprague
The header spells it out: Readmore missing after 2.8.0 upgrade. It used to be below the editing window. Now it's not. See screenshot. Please advise. Thanks. Bob Sprague

Attachments

Ryan
The buttons below the editor are Joomla editor-xtd buttons, added by Joomla and other extensions for use with the editor.

JCE has its own ReadMore button in the editor toolbar - this is not new, it has been a feature since JCE 1.5. It is preferable to use the JCE ReadMore button as it is context aware - if the readmore is inserted inside a paragraph, it will split the paragraph correctly to prevent this being done arbitrarily by the Joomla Article Manager when the content is rendered in the front-end.

I think my decision to remove them was accidental, the result of development of the new Joomla button feature, that adds a menu of the editor-xtd buttons in the toolbar instead of displaying them below the editor.

I will put the missing buttons back in the next update. Until then, try the Readmore button in the editor toolbar, it will do exactly what you want and expect.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

bob_sprague
Thanks so much, Ryan,, for teaching me. I continue to learn something every day. I simply had not known this.

Bob