You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101721 Error setting up New columns feature

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 20 November 2019 19:26 GMT

rookbear
Hey Ryan,
I just downloaded the new release 2.8.0 and am receiving an error when I dropped "columns" and "Joomla Editor" into the default user profile features/layout.
When I try to open an article. No other info populates the article page, just the error.
"0 Call to a member function get() on array"

I did go back into user profile features and took the Joomla Editor Button" back out, and it worked again.
What does the Joomla Editor Button do anyhow within JCE?

Ryan
When I try to open an article. No other info populates the article page, just the error.
"0 Call to a member function get() on array"

I did go back into user profile features and took the Joomla Editor Button" back out, and it worked again.

The error is probably being generated from one of the editor-xtd plugins you have installed. If you would like to troubleshoot this, then do the following:

1. Go to Extensions -> Manage -> Manage and click on the Search Tools button.
2. Set Select Type to Plugin, and Element to editors-xtd
3. Select and disable all the plugins that do not have Joomla! Project as the Author.
4. In a new browser tab, add the Joomla button back to the editor, and load the editor.
5. Go back to Extensions -> Manage -> Manage and enable each of the plugins you disabled in turn, loading the editor in between until you see the error again, then you know which plugin is causing it.

This would be useful for me to know, so I can attempt to resolve this issue. Otherwise, keep the Joomla button out of the toolbar, and carry on without it as before.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

rookbear
Ryan,
Thanks for the quick reply!
I will check your recommendation, and let you know.
2.8 is an awesome update! Just what so many users have been waiting for. Thanks to the entire team.

Ryan
2.8 is an awesome update! Just what so many users have been waiting for. Thanks to the entire team.

Thank you! There is only one of me, which is why it took so long!!

Ryan Demmer

rookbear
I did find the issue. It was Regular Labs - Content Templater. I will notify them of the issue.
All I can say to you is Thank you for all your hard work! You must work for many hours a day. We speak highly of you on BasicJoomla Youtube channel.
KUDOS!

Ryan
I did find the issue. It was Regular Labs - Content Templater. I will notify them of the issue.

No need, I will look into it. The Joomla button may need some tweaks. Look out for the next update soon.

Ryan Demmer