You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#101563 JCE media manager by default in backend

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by iorbita on Wednesday, 30 October 2019 17:28 GMT

iorbita
Hello,
is it possible to completely replace Joomla's default media manager with JCE media manager and this from anywhere in the backend?

I guess this question has already been asked many times but honestly all the answers I have found dating back for several years and I can't understand if it is possible to replace it completely.

Thank you for clarifying me about this topic,

Lorenzo

Ryan
I guess this question has already been asked many times but honestly all the answers I have found dating back for several years and I can't understand if it is possible to replace it completely.

The JCE File Browser will be used instead of the Joomla Media Manager in all instances where the media field is used, such as in the Images & Links tab when creating an article.

It cannot replace the Joomla Media Manager from the Content -> Media menu item, or in other areas where the Joomla Media Manager is linked to directly.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

iorbita
It cannot replace the Joomla Media Manager from the Content -> Media menu item, or in other areas where the Joomla Media Manager is linked to directly.

... too bad, that's exactly what I would like to do ...