You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#101357 Blank screen and no menu icons in JCE 2.8 RC12

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by starlir on Saturday, 30 November 2019 21:15 GMT

benny54
Still testing with JCE 2.8 because i like the column option so much 🙂 Nowi installed RC12 but when i open the editor there is no menu (no icons) and the editor page is blank. When i open the codepage i see a rotating circle.

Before the update from RC11 to RC12 i did some more changes in the Joomla install because i had to uninstall Hikashop in this testsite but when i install the latest 2.7 version the editor is okay and also with Tiny MCE everthing is filne.

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.8.0 RC13 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

benny54
RC 13 works fine Ryan. Btw, did i already tell you how much i love the columns option in JCE? 😃

starlir
Ryan, I have this problem even after install of 2.8.1 RC6. I originally upgraded from 2.8.0 (can't remember which RC) as I was getting no him files displayed in the file browser.

starlir
Sorry, after logging out and back in the 'issue' is resolved but the file browser is still not displaying htm files, other file types seem ok.

Ryan
the file browser is still not displaying htm files

This should be fixed now in RC7 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

starlir
Ryan, thanks. I’m out at a swim meet today but will try this tonight.

starlir
Ryan, thanks very much I can confirm that this now works. Appreciate the quick response on a non working day.