You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101297 add icon to kitchen sink

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Thursday, 10 October 2019 14:09 BST

Thomsterdam
Hi there,
We are using JCE in Joomla, including in the SP PageBuilder.
In the regular view (without SPPB) there are some buttons under the JCE editor window as seen in this image

When JCE is used within SP PageBuilder, these buttons are not shown.

Now one of the buttons in the JCE kitchen sink is for 'insert read more', another for 'Insert / Edit Pagebreak' which can also be seen as separate buttons under the JCE editor window in the screenshot above. From this I gather it is possible to make buttons in the JCE kitchen sink for Joomla plugins such as 'read more' and 'pagebreak'.

Following this I was wondering if I can make my own kitchen sink button and add it to JCE for another Joomla plugin?

The reason I am asking: we are using Edocman as a documents manager, which has a plug-in that puts a button under the JCE editor window (see image). We want it to be available in SP Page Builder as well. SPPB can use the JCE Editor, but doesn't include the buttons underneath. This is a screenshot from the SP Pagebuilder:

If building my own kitchen sink button is possible, could you tell me how? any documentation?

Thanx,

Thom

Attachments

Ryan
Now one of the buttons in the JCE kitchen sink is for 'insert read more', another for 'Insert / Edit Pagebreak' which can also be seen as separate buttons under the JCE editor window in the screenshot above. From this I gather it is possible to make buttons in the JCE kitchen sink for Joomla plugins such as 'read more' and 'pagebreak'.

The Read More and Page Break buttons in the editor toolbar are not copies of the buttons below the editor, but unique buttons developed specifically for JCE.

JCE Pro 2.8.0 will include a new optional toolbar button that displays a menu of the Joomla buttons, instead of displaying them below the editor.

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/101297-add-icon-to-kitchen-sink.jpg

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Thomsterdam
Hi Ryan,
As if you read my mind. I know that you're good, but that good......... ?!

Anyway, any timeframe for the release of 2.8.0?

Thanx,

Thom

Ryan
This feature is now available for testing in JCE Pro 2.8.0 RC13 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

You can add the button to the editor toolbar in Editor Profiles -> Features & Layout. This will also remove the buttons at the bottom of the editor.

Please note that this does not work in SP Page Builder, as SP Page Builder does not correctly initialise the Joomla editor, and so the editor-xtd buttons are not initialised either. The same thing happens with the default Tinymce editor, so this is an issue for the SP Page Builder developers to address.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.