You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101281 JCEpro 2.8 RC10: undefined div-tag with style information generated

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by HGH on Friday, 04 October 2019 00:01 BST

HGH
Joomla: 3.9.12
Browser: chrome latest version

When editing an article with some table-tags inside, a additional div-tag is generated, when saving the editor-tag.
See attachment. (Couldn't get this between the code-tags here).
This code could is not being seen in the article at presentation-time, but it is there if you investigate the code at runtime. When editing the article in code-tab you can see it there too..
When going into the code-tab and deleting the div-tag the code stays clear after saving.

Attachments

jce2.8RC10-issue_code.zip

Ryan
That code is not coming from JCE. It is probably being added by an extension you have installed, or a browser extension.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

HGH
ups,
that's very strange, because I haven't changed any extension the last weeks.
Only the updates of Joomla were done.

I have no idea, where this code is coming from. In earlier times it was definitely not there.
I tested with JCE 2.7.17 also. There the code is also being generated.
So I think it had something to do with the Joomla software.

At the moment, I contaminate every edited file.

As a workaround I cicked out the code by the DB-Replacer-Extension from Regularlabs with this regex: <div id="ir-ext-ui"(.*)</div>

A better way to get an automatic solution, is the idea, to cleanup the code, when saving by JCE.
But therefore there must be a programmed function in JCE. Any chance to get something like that?

Ryan
I suspect this is caused by a browser extension. Please test with a different browser to the one you normally use.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

HGH
Hi Ryan,

your right. After checking the browser-extensions in Chrome, I found some that were not supported by Google in the webstore for now.
After deleting them, the code is clear at the moment.:D