You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#101230 JCE 2.8 RC9 - can columns move below each other when resized?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by DaveOzric on Thursday, 03 October 2019 16:08 BST

benny54
Hi Ryan

I am playing around with JCE 2.8 RC9 and have a question about the use of columns.
I create two columns and place an image (600px wide) in the left column and the description/text in the right column. This works great so far.
When I resize the screen the image and the text do resize responsive. What i would prefer in my website is that from a certain width (< 768) the right column moves below the image. Is this possible and how could i achieve this?
All hints and tips are more than welcome...

Regards, Benny.

Ryan
The columns should stack by default at medium width < 960px

Have you selected a CSS Framework in the Columns parameters (Editor Profiles -> Plugin Parameters -> Columns) ?

If so, which template are you using?

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

benny54
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply.
I tested with all the CSS-Framework and Stack Width parameters but the columns are not stacking...
The template is a Templatetoaster template but when i switch to Protostar the columns also won't stack
What more can i try?

UPDATE: When I create text columns it's okay. I tested with a thumbnail in the left column with a link to a popup and then it did not stack...
SECOND UPDATE: I deleted all the code and recreated the columns and the content, including the thumbnail, and now it works fine. Sorry for bothering you wioth this.

Regards, Benny.

Ryan
Please post a link to an example article.

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
SECOND UPDATE: I deleted all the code and recreated the columns and the content, including the thumbnail, and now it works fine. Sorry for bothering you wioth this.

Great, but I have discovered some bugs that I am working on now...

Ryan Demmer

DaveOzric
Hi Ryan, just wanted to say THANK YOU for adding all these new features! LOVE IT!