You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100829 Can't edit profiles without error.

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Wednesday, 16 October 2019 10:02 BST

GrannyKat14
I am running Joomla 3.9.11 with JCE editor Pro 2.716 (installed today). I've seen a couple of posts indicating a conflict with SP Page Builder. This site is running Gantry 5 with a Rocket Theme template. Do you know of any conflicts? I can open the list of profiles and can create a new copy, but cannot edit. Clicking edit button for selected profile returns:

0 Using $this when not in object context
    /home/ofc2017/public_html/libraries/joomla/form/field/user.php:56 

Call stack
# 	Function 	Location
1 	() 	JROOT/libraries/joomla/form/field/user.php:56
2 	include_once() 	JROOT/libraries/loader.php:738
3 	JLoader::_load() 	JROOT/libraries/loader.php:707
4 	JLoader::_autoload() 	 
5 	spl_autoload_call() 	JROOT/administrator/components/com_jce/models/fields/users.php:10
6 	require_once() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Form/FormHelper.php:243
7 	Joomla\CMS\Form\FormHelper::loadClass() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Form/FormHelper.php:120
8 	Joomla\CMS\Form\FormHelper::loadType() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Form/FormHelper.php:76
9 	Joomla\CMS\Form\FormHelper::loadFieldType() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Form.php:1969
10 	Joomla\CMS\Form\Form->loadFieldType() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Form.php:1906
11 	Joomla\CMS\Form\Form->loadField() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Form.php:360
12 	Joomla\CMS\Form\Form->getFieldset() 	JROOT/plugins/system/jce/jce.php:86
13 	PlgSystemJce->onContentPrepareForm() 	JROOT/libraries/joomla/event/event.php:70
14 	JEvent->update() 	JROOT/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php:160
15 	JEventDispatcher->trigger() 	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Model/FormModel.php:321
16 	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Model\FormModel->preprocessForm() 	JROOT/administrator/components/com_jce/models/profile.php:110
17 	JceModelProfile->preprocessForm() 	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Model/FormModel.php:242
18 	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Model\FormModel->loadForm() 	JROOT/administrator/components/com_jce/models/profile.php:118
19 	JceModelProfile->getForm() 	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:425
20 	Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->get() 	JROOT/administrator/components/com_jce/views/profile/view.html.php:26
21 	JceViewProfile->display() 	JROOT/administrator/components/com_jce/controller.php:118
22 	JceController->display() 	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:710
23 	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() 	JROOT/administrator/components/com_jce/jce.php:35
24 	require_once() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
25 	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
26 	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101
27 	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159
28 	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() 	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:196
29 	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() 	JROOT/administrator/index.php:51 

Ryan
0 Using $this when not in object context
/home/ofc2017/public_html/libraries/joomla/form/field/user.php:56

I'm not sure why you are receiving this error, but this path libraries/joomla/form/field/user.php does not exist in Joomla 3.9.11, and line 56 of the user.php file does not match to any statement containing a $this keyword.

The correct path, as defined in the Joomla classmap, is libraries/src/Form/Field/UserField.php

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

GrannyKat14
I have the same issue.

Ryan
@KRK - you posted the original question, so please see my previous reply.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.