You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100827 mediajce field type not working

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 19 August 2019 10:27 BST

Longisland
Hello, I'm having issues with the mediajce field, as I need the JCE File Manager in a subform field. The field is not working and rendering as a text field. I also tested it without putting the field in a subform, but it's not working either. All JCE Plugins are enabled (including "Fields - Media JCE" and "System - JCE") Joomla 3.9.11 JCE Pro 2.7.16 & JCE Pro 2.8.0 Beta 8 (even tested with different standard templates)

<field 
name="pet_gallery" 
type="subform"
formsource="/components/com_shelter/models/subforms/pet_image.xml"
label="COM_SHELTER_FORM_LBL_PET_PET_GALLERY" 
description="COM_SHELTER_FORM_DESC_PET_PET_GALLERY" 
hint="COM_SHELTER_FORM_LBL_PET_PET_GALLERY" 
multiple="true" 
min="5" 
max="10" 
/>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<form>
	<field name="pet_gallery" type="mediajce" directory="images/images" label="COM_SHELTER_FORM_LBL_PET_PET_GALLERY" description="COM_SHELTER_FORM_DESC_PET_PET_GALLERY" hint="COM_SHELTER_FORM_LBL_PET_PET_GALLERY"/>
</form>
Apparently the file in /plugins/system/jce/fields/mediajce.php isn't even processed. Would you please help me out? Thanks, Steve

Attachments

Ryan
Your subform should be:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<form>
    <fields>
	    <field name="pet_gallery" type="mediajce" directory="images/images" label="COM_SHELTER_FORM_LBL_PET_PET_GALLERY" description="COM_SHELTER_FORM_DESC_PET_PET_GALLERY" hint="COM_SHELTER_FORM_LBL_PET_PET_GALLERY"/>
    </fields>
</form>

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.