You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100812 Different resize and cropping presets for different situations

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by dee on Wednesday, 15 April 2020 13:08 BST

pjdevries
Hi Ryan,

I have a content type, i.e. an article with various custom fields. Two of those fields are JCE File Browsers. For intro and full article images and those two custom fields, I would like to set different resize and cropping parameters. The profile settings (Setup - Assignment) don't seem to have parameters to do that. Can you think of any other creative solution to achieve that?

Regards,

Pieter-Jan de Vries

Ryan
A profile can be assigned to a specific component, eg: Articles (com_content), but there isn't currently a way to assign a profile to a specific article, or to a specific Joomla field or field type.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pjdevries
I knew that, but hoped I missed something or that you had some creative trick up your sleeve 🙂

The '... there isn't currently ...' seems to suggest that there might be in the future. Any chance you can slip it into the 2.8 version?

Ryan
The '... there isn't currently ...' seems to suggest that there might be in the future. Any chance you can slip it into the 2.8 version?

Unlikely, because as it stands there isn't an effective way to implement it. The only possibility would be the ability to specify an id of the article where there editor is being used, but this would not work for new articles that have not yet been saved, as an id is only assigned once it has been saved.

I have been looking into the feasibility of a custom option, ie: you set a key and value pair such as id=9.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pjdevries
Having been there myself, I understand what you mean with the lack of an id for new articles. But do you think it's equally difficult to create a profile option indicating whether the file browser is being instantiated for an intro or full article image or as a custom field? That would already increase flexibility quite a bit. Maybe also an option to limit the profile to specific categories?

dee
limiting this to specific categories would be a really great feature/addon! for example: one could have image resize options of 300x400px for all team member images inside the category "team", and 1200x400px for all project images inside the category "project"
any way this could be a possible way to go which you could implement easier/quicker?

of course this does only make sense, if you can set the image processing setting for each selected category/category sets individually...