You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100754 Can't get JCE File Browser to work

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by pjdevries on Tuesday, 13 August 2019 07:30 BST

pjdevries
Hi Ryan,

Sorry to bother you again about the JCE File Browser custom field, but for some reason I can not get it to work anymore. All looks fine, but the regular Joomla! media file browser pops up everywhere and not JCE browser. I'm currently using vesion 2.7.16 RC5 on a Joomla! 3.9.10 site. Any idea what might be the cause?

Regards,

Pieter-Jan de Vries

pjdevries
There seem to be some more issues with JCE. I may have messed things up a bit in my development environment. I'll first try to sort that out and get back to you if I still can't get it to work.

Ryan
In Extensions -> Plugins, check that the System - JCE and Fields - MediaJCE plugins are enabled.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pjdevries
Thanx for the follow up. It is something peculiar with my experimental dev site though. All plugins are enabled. I even reinstalled the Joomla! core files, uninstalled and reinstalled JCE, but it stil does not work. Fortunately in a client's site I'm working on, it does.

Ryan
Please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

pjdevries
Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately my dev site is not accessible from the outside.