You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100659 Inline editing

Posted in ‘Suggestions & Feature Requests’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Wytchcat on Friday, 02 August 2019 16:06 BST

saraheagle
Hello - I have been looking at the Ark Editor for inline editing, but it's just not as good as JCE. Then I looked at Tiny https://www.tiny.cloud/ and can see there is an inline mode for this already.

Is this something you are hoping to implement soon? I really hope so.

If you are not doing this, could we at the very least, create buttons so we can use your links and media manager on the CKE/ARK editor??

If you cannot do Inline Editing, then I'm thinking of using the Ark editor for inline editing and JCE for "full" editing.

Thanks very much

Ryan
Is this something you are hoping to implement soon? I really hope so.

I plan to include this in JCE 3.0, which I hope to have a preview version out in a few months.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

saraheagle
Brilliant.

Will it have inline editing for modules?
I only ask, because if not, I may not give that option to my customers now, if it's not available when I switch back to JCE for inline editing, only with Ark.
If it's going to be say a year down the line, that's fine, I could just do with knowing so I can plan properly.

Thanks very much
S :)

Ryan
At the moment it has inline editing for Content and K2, but I will look into modules.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

saraheagle
Super thanks, pls let me know what you decide :)

Wytchcat
Please please please include Zoo and Widgetkit 2.

Just begging ahead of time! LOL