You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100565 Media field is always descriptive, even if disabled

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 22 July 2019 09:42 BST

kunze-medien
Hi Ryan,

If the custom field mediajce has permission set to disabled for 'edit custom field value', the field is still writable.
Is that a bug, because you can easily change the value?

Ryan
The Joomla Media Field input is hardcoded to be readonly, ie: you cannot edit the value of the input field, you can only change it be selectin a new image in the modal, or by removing it with the delete button. There is no option to change this.

The JCE Media Field removes this readonly property, allowing the input to be editable.

If the custom field mediajce has permission set to disabled for 'edit custom field value', the field is still writable.

I'm not sure what permission setting you are referring to here.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

kunze-medien
Edit the configuration from the mediajce custom field, change to the tab 'Permissions', select the group 'Manager' an set 'Edit Custom Field Value' to denied.

Open the article as a user in the group 'Manager' and look at the custom field. It is also possible to manipulate the path although it is not allowed.

Ryan
Edit the configuration from the mediajce custom field, change to the tab 'Permissions', select the group 'Manager' an set 'Edit Custom Field Value' to denied.

This doesn't appear to do anything for the Joomla Media field either.

Ryan Demmer

kunze-medien
I would have expected the field to be displayed as readonly to prevent tampering, but if that was intended, everything is fine.

Ryan
I would have expected the field to be displayed as readonly to prevent tampering, but if that was intended, everything is fine.

The Joomla Media Field is hard-coded as readonly, and altering the Edit Custom Field Value parameter to Allow does not change this. I think this is a bug or omission in Joomla, although perhaps this permissions setting is used elsewhere.

Ryan Demmer