You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100553 Create non-editable zones, is that possible?

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 22 July 2019 19:42 BST

[email protected]
Hello support,

JCE version 2.7.14
Joomla 3.9.10

I wonder if there is a way to restrict some parts or elements in a page from being edited? If I take the approach of a blog layout I can restrict some blog articles from being edited, but that's not what I want. Say you want to restrict some images in a page from being changed/edited or some parts of text from being edited, while other parts still can be edited, would that be possible with JCE?

I stumbled upon the plugin jce-editor-noneditable-master.zip, installed it successfully, it was activated, but the plugin doesn't show up in any editor profile -> Features & Layout -> Additional Features

Thanks in advance,
Factotum

Ryan
I stumbled upon the plugin jce-editor-noneditable-master.zip, installed it successfully, it was activated, but the plugin doesn't show up in any editor profile -> Features & Layout -> Additional Features

There is a bug in 2.7.x which prevents the plugin from being displayed in Additional Features, but the NonEditable plugin is being integrated into JCE 2.8.0

A beta of 2.8.0 with NonEditable included will be released early next week.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

[email protected]
Cool…

In the mean time,someone else on the net, pointed me into the direction of exploring the options of "Insert/Edit attributes" and low and behold, there was an option "Contenteditable" and a previous selected item could be set to "No". So far so good.

I wonder what the newly integrated NonEditable plugin might have to offer, but I'll wait and see…

Thanks for your amazing piece of software, 🙂
Factotum

Ryan
I wonder what the newly integrated NonEditable plugin might have to offer, but I'll wait and see…
The difference is that the NonEditable plugin uses a classname to identify editable and non-editable fields, and the contenteditable attribute is only available when editing the content. You can also create editable areas within non-editable areas, eg:

<div class="mceNonEditable">
    <p>This paragraph cannot be edited</p>
    <div class="mceEditable">
        <p>This paragraph can be edited</p>
    </div>
</div>

Ryan Demmer

Ryan
JCE Pro 2.8.0 Beta 4 is available with the non-editable functionality - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

Ryan Demmer