You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100543 COM_CONTENT_FORM_EDIT_ARTICLE or "Edit an article" instead of icon on frontend

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 15 July 2019 14:33 BST

wshealy
I have under global configurations set Inline Editing to Modules and Menus and of course default editor to JCE. I have JCE Pro installed. After install on the frontend where an edit icon used to be I was getting COM_CONTENT_FORM_EDIT_ARTICLE. After some fiddling I'm not sure what did it, it now sometimes says "Edit an article." This is all very much more intrusive than the small icon that used to show. Can I somehow go back to icon. My current development site is:

Ryan
This is all very much more intrusive than the small icon that used to show. Can I somehow go back to icon.

The icon or label is created by the Joomla Article Manager, and can in turn be overwritten by your template, using a "Layout Override". There is a good tutorial for creating Layout Overrides here - https://www.joomlashack.com/blog/joomla/layout-overrides/

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.