You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100483 Text Area Field type="editor"

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by DaveOzric on Saturday, 06 July 2019 14:34 BST

DaveOzric
Hello, I have a strange request. There is an extension that offers a text area for entering plain text but it's in need of an editor option. I need line breaks and simple text formatting. However, the developer said to just edit the XML and use type="editor" to load the default editor.

This is not the best solution because of the toolbar. I found you can specify an alternate editor in the Joomla docs. https://docs.joomla.org/Editor_form_field_type

Is there a way to create a profile just for this with JCE and assign it to this field? I can live with the default but was wondering if a profile could be set.

Thanks

Ryan
I have been looking into this and I can't yet find a way to pass a parameter from the xml manifest to the editor initialization (if this was possible a profile id could be passed through to load a specific profile).

Because initialization of the editor plugin happens before display, when the xml field values are passed through, these values are not available to the initialization, when the profile is selected.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

DaveOzric
OK, thanks, I'm OK with the user profile editor for now.