You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Offline

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

Please create a new Ticket and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

#100372 Suggestion / Request: File Directory Path - Directory Filter to only allow access to list of directories

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Tuesday, 25 June 2019 14:30 BST

webapps-my-group
I wasn't sure where to request this functionality. I'm really excited that your toolbar allows for setting an upload file directory path per editor profile, with ability to exclude file directories. However, what I really need is the ability to only include certain file directories. I'd like my file directories to be labeled as categories, and I may need some user groups to be able to upload into multiple category directories. It looks like I can do this with the current JCE Editor, however, the maintenance of this will be very tedious, since I'll need to exclude directories from editor profiles every time I create a new directory.

I wish that Joomla had upload directory ACL capability, which I've seen in another CMS that I worked with previously. Each directory has its own access permissions in ExpressionEngine.

Thanks for the great toolbar!

Ryan
Please try JCE Pro 2.7.15 Beta 4 - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/downloads/editor/pro/development

For each folder that you want to display, add it as a Directory Filter item with a + in front of it, eg:

https://cdn.joomlacontenteditor.net/tmp/100372-suggestion-request-file-directory-path-directory-filter-to-only-allow-access-to-list-of-directories.png

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.