You need to be logged in to post in the forum - Log In

An active JCE Pro Subscription is required to post in the forum - Buy a Subscription

Support is currently Online

Official support hours
Monday to Friday
09:00 - 17:00 Europe/London (BST)

#100271 Websafe File Names

Posted in ‘Editor’
This is a public ticket

Everybody will be able to see its contents. Do not include usernames, passwords or any other sensitive information.

Latest post by Ryan on Monday, 17 June 2019 14:33 BST

Gelauff
Hello,
For some reason Image Manager Extended and File Manager don't replace French special chars.
I use Pro 2.7.14 on Joomla 3.9.8.
I tried setting Websafe File Names to ASCII, it didn't work.
Any Idea?
Thanks in advance!

Ryan
For some reason Image Manager Extended and File Manager don't replace French special chars.

Please post an example of the French characters that are not being replaced.

Ryan Demmer

Lead Developer / CEO / CTO

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean everybody isn't out to get you.

Gelauff
Hi Ryan,

Here is a file name with all French special chars, being : à â ç é è ê ï ô œ ù À Â Ç É È Ê Ï Œ Ù.

Attachments

Ryan
I am not able to reproduce this on a local test sites.

Please note that the characters are only converted to the ASCII equivalents when the file is uploaded, not when it is added to the upload queue.

It this is still the issue after you haved uploaded the file, then please send me a login - https://www.joomlacontenteditor.net/contact/site-login

Ryan Demmer

Gelauff
Thank you Ryan.
In earlier versions the file names were converted in the upload window, hence my question.
Indeed, they are now okay once uploaded.
Even better than before, since now replaced with ASCII equivalents in stead of underscores 😃

Ryan
I am experimenting with methods to replace UTF-8 special characters with ASCII punycode equivalents before upload.

Ryan Demmer